Thursday, January 14, 2016

Art journal

Hi all!
Denise here. I am trying to get more into art journaling and thought I would share a step by step process of how I did this page here:
DSC_0006
I will link the products as I go in case you would like to check them out!
First I used Tim Holtz Distress Stains and just scribbled all over the pages. I then spritzed with water.
DSC_0007
DSC_0008
I used a baby wipe to blend the stain around the pages
DSC_0009
Using a coordinating color of Distress Stain, I went around the edges of the pages and repeated the process.
DSC_0014
DSC_0016
Taking a Prima Chalk Ink (Dark Rust) I inked the edges. Inking the edges helps to cover any 'white' areas that may be showing.
DSC_0019
Cut out a circle. I used a sheet of Bo Bunny Autumn Song.
DSC_0022
Now to work on my sun. I mixed some Molding Paste with 13 Arts yellow paint.
DSC_0024
I traced the outline of the sun where I wanted it placed and then added the rays using Tim Holtz Rays Stencil.
DSC_0030
Using Festive Berries and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks, I added some shading...or tried too...to the page.
DSC_0036
Using a stencil from 13 arts and some Prima Texture Paste, I added my stars.
DSC_0045
DSC_0051
Mixed some 13 arts Gold paint with a little bit of water which was used to add some splashes of color.  I also repeated that using white paint.
DSC_0063
DSC_0068
I grabbed some old chippie letters and covered them with Distress Stain as well. I dried these with a heat gun and then added some Tim Holtz Crackle glaze.
DSC_0074
After the glazed dried I added my quote, outlined some of the rays with thin red pen and that's it!
What I like about art journaling, is there are no mistakes. Each step is a learning curve for me. Although it's not quite what I had pictured it would be, it has inspired me to keep going!

Hope you get creative today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~