Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hello everyone!
Today I am sharing the process I did for making my Art Journal cover. This journal was in the December Mixed Media Kit.
DSC_0056

The cover of the journal was pretty enough and I almost left it as is..but then I thought..nah..and grabbed my Gesso. I added 2 coats and dried with my heat gun.
DSC_0006
Next I grabbed my Finnabair Texture Paste and Prima stencil from the kit and added it to the center.
DSC_0008
I then misted the cover using Color Bloom Empress Gold, another item from the Mixed Art kit
DSC_0018
After I dried with my heat tool, I added a touch of Color Bloom in Summer Sky and Precious Stone.
*Tip- when using a heat tool to dry, be careful around the binding. The heat will melt the glue holding that together. Keep your heat gun moving and don't concentrate on one are too long*
DSC_0019
After the cover was dry, I dabbed some Rub n Buff on the raised edges.
DSC_0031
The Creative Embellishment chipboard letters from the Main Kit were perfect for this journal. I used my Golden gel and the Prima Art Sugar from the Mixed Art kit to cover them.
DSC_0040
I then cut some of the burlap from the main kit and topped it off with a Petaloo flower from the Small Art kit. I added some burlap strips and glued everything down. I then added some more Summer Sky and used my finger to smear it around the edges..etc.
DSC_0042
DSC_0045
That was it!
DSC_0056
Hope you get inspired Today!
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~