Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My lil Rose Bud-Using March Kit Items from Pages in Time!!!

I was browsing some old scrapbook albums and found this photo stuck into one of the pages. I love this pic! Even tho it's a little blurry, it shows her happy smiling baby face and that's enough for me! I used a few other pics like this one to do some shabby chic layouts, so I decided to stick with that same theme. The hat she's wearing was her fave and it had a dusty pic rose on it. So this is what I came up with:



I used 7 Gypsies pp for the background which is from the March Kit at Pages in Time.. I believe the pink die cut is from Kaisercraft..I had cut it some time ago..so not sure. I handmade the pink rose using the flower technique from the Technique Tuesday group at Pages in Time. The leaves are also from the March Kit at PIT!!

I embossed a stamp and then colored in the rose using my CM markers. Boy I'd love to have some Copic!

I cut some butterflies out of a ribbon I had and glued them up the pp..

I used pearls around the edging, used Picket Fence Crackle Paint on the TH Grungeboard flourish and heart, then sprayed them with Tattered Angels SWAK Glimmer Mist..edged with TH Distress Ink in Barn Door Red.

Thanks for stopping by!! Visit us at Pages in Time for a great inspirational gallery, chat and challenges!! Not to mention a scrapping store!! Beautiful monthly kits make it all the better. I recommend putting in your orders as soon as you can as they go super fast!!

Till next time, Happy Scrappin!!

5 comments:

  1. Yet another lovely layout! I'm going to have to check out that flower tutorial. Your design is wonderful! Your choice of colors are perfect & that picture is too precious for words! Beautiful...

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, this is sooo cute!!!! Love the pink & all of the different techniques you used!! Your flower is gorgeous!!! Pic is super cute!!! Stunning LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise,
    first of all I'd like to say thank you for your extremely nice comments on my blog. I really appreciate this very much indeed! You're always welcome to come and visit me any time :-)
    I just had a look at your work, and I love what I see, you make marvellous LO's.
    All the best from the Netherlands, Ira
    irascreacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you do some stamping too? I love the layout, the flowers, and that most adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soo sweet! I saw on Gabi's blog that you won all those sweet goodies! Good for you!Have fun with them!!!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~