Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Kiss the Frog-New Websters 'Life's Portrait' Layout

I was the lucky winner of some beautiful Webster's pp!! I absolutely LOVE LOVE this line. It's called "Life's Portrait" and it is very soft, pretty, and a great quality paper. I did this LO for Alda's Die Cut Challenge at Pages in Time. The challenge was to use your die cut machine to make at least 3 die cuts..such as flowers, picket fence, bird, etc..I made the fence, flowers, and leaves. I printed out the photo in both a 5x7 and 4x6 to get the double effect. Saw this on Such A Pretty Mess Blog (Gabrielle Pollacco).


I actually had to hand cut the picket fence since I have no cartridge with one it..so..hope that still works for the challenge. I used the "George" Cricut Cartridge to do the flowers. I inked the Tattered Angels Butterfly Glimmer Chip with Wild Honey and edged it with Vintage Photo inks and then covered it in Crackle Accents. I also used Glossy Accents on the butterfly printed on the pp to make it pop. The bird is cut from stash pp I had.



The index tab is holding a small journal card telling the story about my dd kissing the frog to find her prince. Here are just a few more close ups. I used Tattered Angles SWAK Glimmer Mist for the lettering.



I am glad you stopped by and thanks for taking a look! Please join us at Pages in Time for all kinds of fun challenges, chats, techniques and shopping!! If you're looking for any of these products visit the store at PIT , but remember Karen is adding new items all the time, so if you don't see something you want, be sure to send her a message! She is wonderful in getting your favorite items in!!

Products Used:
Websters Life's Portrait pp and Journal card
Tim Holtz Wild Honey Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Tattered Angels Glimmer chips
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in SWAK
Inkssentials Crackle Accents
Inkssentials Glossy Accents
Prima flowers
Adriondack Alcohol Ink in Willow
Liquid Pearls in White Opal
7 Gypsies Index Tab (white)
Prima Say it in Pearls Swirls
Pearls and ribbon from my stash


Keep an eye on my blog! Once I hit 40 followers, I'm going to have a giveaway...so watch for the rules of participating!

Till then..Happy Scrappin!!





4 comments:

  1. Lovely layout once again! Love all the little details on this one...beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!!!! Great job on the fence and love the journaling tab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, congrats on winning the WP!!! Girl you're on a winning streak!!!
    Love the LO!! Gorgeous colors & embellies!! Love the dimension & texture on it!!! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise,
    you must have been very pleased with winning Webster's pages, but deservedly so, I love how you use the paper.
    Thanks, too, for leaving such a wonderful comment on my work for Graphic45, I really appreciate this very much. Take care and hold your creative spirits high! All the best from the Netherlands,
    Ira - irascreacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~